Pillar Companies is primarily focused on providing capital for unique and opportunistic real estate investments and real estate-related assets. Pillar and its partner companies have:
- Invested in distressed real estate debt with more than $2 billion of unpaid principal balance.
- Invested in, developed, managed, and liquidated hundreds of millions of dollars in residential and commercial real estate assets.
We deploy capital through a variety of structures depending on the nature and risk profile of a particular situation or asset. Our investments include:
- Private Lending:When lending against real estate, we typically seek a first-deed, senior secured position with significant equity support, experienced property managers, and a clear method of repayment.
- Direct Equity Investment:Historically, most of our investments have been in the form of equity in which we are the asset manager. The key factors in our equity investment decisions are asset valuation, down-side investment protection, and a clear path to the realization of projected returns.
- Joint Ventures:We welcome the opportunity to partner with other investors or developers as a means to access investment opportunities otherwise unavailable to us or to add expertise during the asset management process.
- Opportunistic Investments:These types of investments often include situations of bankruptcy, restructuring, or owner distress. Our opportunistic investments also include the purchase of distressed real estate or debt secured by real estate.
- Special Situations:These investments often involve situations in which third-party capital constraints, situational issues, or market factors prevent a current owner, lender, or stakeholder from realizing an asset's full value.